• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F Completed.

Re:Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F

John, I also just did my smoke candles this past weekend-It's surprising how many little things are missing from this large kit.
Dan

Smokin!!!! :evil: That smoke candle device is simply great.

Terry B)

That's what makes it bad the larger the scale the more obvious missing details are.

Don't worry ole John will find and fixem. :woohoo:

Tony Lee

More Progress, I am done with the major hull components, now off to the turret, then I can start the small stuff. I added some view blocks, not sure I needed them, but better safe than sorry.

The muffler components - sweet!
DSCN2950.JPG

I replaced the thin styrene guards with stainless steel - much less fragile!
DSCN2955.JPG

DSCN2956.JPG

Oh look more welds!
DSCN2958.JPG

more and more i get the impression that this kit is light and shadow simultaneously! some aspects most sweet, some others quite basic and disappointing!

in any case your work is terrific! so clean and with so much TLC!

Kreighshoer wrote:
more and more i get the impression that this kit is light and shadow simultaneously! some aspects most sweet, some others quite basic and disappointing!

in any case your work is terrific! so clean and with so much TLC!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. But it's a Pz II (and the fixes I have applied are pretty simple :silly: )! Anywho, here are some more basic build pics, this time the turret, all that is left now is the small parts, yeah!

dscn2968_20100103_1584363136.jpg

dscn2967_20100103_1637937517.jpg

dscn2966_20100103_1030353711.jpg

What about Jerry Cans? I think about four will do you nicely!

;) :laugh:

Regards,

John,
What color are you going to use for the engine compartment? I've read that most PZ's were a blue-ish color, but am not sure if that is so.
Dan

Here is an experiment, I need some feedback. I used Archer casting marks to do this. Yes it's oversized, but what is more important, scale or its presence?

DSCN2941.JPG

DSCN2969.JPG

That works for me in fact the scale is not that far off and really not that noticeable even.

Nice John
Tony Lee

Wow,:woohoo:

Weld beads,smoke candle rack and now the wheels ...

Excellent workmanship, very nice .

Michael :)

Wow, the scale is obviously too big... wait a second, if you didn't show me the photo of the actual wheel, I may not have noticed (OK, I would but most wouldn't). I do bet ALL would notice the details so...

correct DETAILS are more important than the size (in this case).

Regards,

WOW! the details look great. This is going to be a great model.

Terry B)

Great workJohn. Really nice scratch work.
I am usually a stickler fot the accuracy thing but I think your cast numbers will work fine. :)

Ian.

OVM

Some serious sweetness is the On Vehicle Material in this kit. Can I wax poetic for a moment? Let's start with the tool clamps, Each comes in two parts, a top and bottom and really look the part. Most of the tools are spot on and require only some minor seam line clean up. The only exception are the jack block, which needs some woodgraining on the sides, the fire extinguisher, which needs a hinge and clasp for the nozzle cover, and the jack, which needs a knock out mark filled in a pretty difficult spot. I choose to just add some very thin strip stock over the entire area. I also had to make a new lift ring for the jack as the plastic one is so fine I destroyed it by accident. You also get to use some PE with the OVM (Yippie!)There are three PE "stops" that get added to the fenders for the pry bars and shove.

DSCN2981.JPG

DSCN2982.JPG

DSCN2976.JPG

DSCN2977.JPG

DSCN2979.JPG

Oh yeah I added some missing rivets too..
DSCN2978.JPG

Stay tuned...

Hi John.

It is looking very very nice. Especially all the things that you are doing to the kit to make it a 100 %er. It seems kind of discouraging though all the little things that Tasca did so well, while totally missing so many other things. But it is all good, cause now we all get to watch you do your magic.

Gary B)

Beautiful work John , big stuff is always cool to build [ you can see so much more of what you're doing :laugh: ]

Is this easier to trick out being bigger ?

I have just one question , ..... no expert here but aren't the drive housings bolted on with gaskets not welded on ?

This will look beautiful when painted !!!

Back