• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F Completed.

Re:Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F

Hi guys, Thanks for looking.

Yes it is easier to trick out being bigger, and really there has not been a lot that I had to add, I just suffer OCD. As to the final drives, there is a bolting plate welded to the hull sides, that is the "lowest" weld. Then there is a bolting flange welded to the bell housing, that is why you see two welds. :)

I scrapped the kit's flex muffler pipe that goes through the air intakes and replaced it with wire wrapped styrene rod, then glued this to the kit part.
DSCN2984.JPG

Fantastic work John , man i love all the weld detail and the smoke candle ..... WOW
Will be following with interest

Matt :)

Very nice work. And the smoke candle detail will pave the way for my 1/35 attempts. The only down side is the scale. Way too big for me.
James

Here are some small details I added to the shovel. Just some thin strip stock and rivets shaved off a spare DML Pz IV E fender.

DSCN2992.JPG

Thanks Laura. Here is a quick, if not out of order, update. I have some earlier pics on detailing the guns and turret to post, but this was so exciting to me I had to share. While researching LSSAH at Kharkov for the Archer sets there was something that was just bugging me about the stowage bins on the right hand fender, but my pictures were just not clear enough, or always from the wrong angle to really see what I needed to see. Well my friend Steve Ballantyne came to my rescue with a good shot that has allowed me to re-arrange the stowage on the right rear!

DSCN2993.JPG

DSCN2994.JPG

I have moved the crank to the engine hatch, the tool box to the top of the spare 20mm Barrel box, and built an extra stowage box from strip stock.

Stay tuned...

Let me start by saying again I love this kit. It has lots to offer and is a fabulous base to detail. I do not love the guns. For the scale they are far too simple. I spent some serious time to bring them to what I consider acceptable. I drilled the co-ax all the way down the tube, not much fun as there is no room for errors, then I drilled out all the cooling holes, some more distinct dimples than others. Then I added a barrel from stainless steel.

On the 20mm Kwk30 I drilled out the barrel end and cooling holes - again the "guide" dimples left much to be desired. I added the Muzzle brake securing bolts and plate, and added the grips with Mr. Surfacer. I did not glue the 20mm to the kit, but instead drilled and secured it with a tiny screw, maybe an AM barrel will get added later if one hits the market.

Gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

Gun4.jpg

Gun5.jpg

Gun6.jpg

Smart... anticipating that metal barrel coming out? If it does at all?

Regards,

Beautiful work John , ........ size does have its advantages , I never would have attempted drilling out that mg barrel in 1/35th :laugh:

She's really starting to look sweet and the tweeks you've added are very cool !!!

Well, this is quite inspirational- compelling even. 'Cause I preordered a DAK version after seeing your latest post. Hopefully mine will turn out half as nice as I expect your's will. Thanks for posting, WOW!!!

Thanks all.

Here is a scale comparison picture I promised.
DSCN2999.JPG

And the final casting marks on the roadwheels. I used Archers Surface details #5 AR88005.
DSCN3000.JPG

DSCN3002.JPG

Hi John, Glad I found this thread, saw this kit come out in the press and was intrigued by the scale. Love your attention to details!!! Must get some of those Archer sets. I took lots of notes on the weld seams(I've never tried any) Have you heard anything about figs in 1/24th?

Randy

ABER has announced that they will be making the guns and a PE set for this kit as TA 24-001.

Regards,

Back