• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F Completed.

Re:Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F

B) This paint job is goin to kick ass John. I can already tell- that jack and FE - first glace I thought it was a reference photo. :laugh: B) ;) .

Keep up the magic.
Ian.

Thanks Ian!

So I have made some progress.

Application of the markings (sure glad I know some guy who helps out at Archer now and then)
DSCN3139.JPG

DSCN3134.JPG

DSCN3135.JPG

DSCN3136.JPG

DSCN3137.JPG

Then application of filter:
DSCN3138.JPG

And finally some more detail painting, this time the tarps:
DSCN3140.JPG

DSCN3142.JPG

Wow! Just went through this thread now! Excellent!

The kit is beautiful but you made a fantastic job with detailing it!!!

THe work on the MG is ....simply great!!!

Beautiful!! Keep it up!

Regards
Noel

Thanks Noel.

Terrible weather here today, so I have really been pushing. I have satin coated and began washes and such.

But first up is highlighting the hand holds on the 20mm Kwk30. This is done with 6B graphite then polishing with a clay sculpting tool.

DSCN3148.JPG

DSCN3150.JPG

Then pin washes, first round, with Mig Neutral Wash. These washes make things go fast as all you need to do is shake and apply.

DSCN3152.JPG

DSCN3155.JPG

And finally, for now, I have added some fuel and grease spills.

DSCN3156.JPG

DSCN3157.JPG

Beautiful work. At first I was not understanding the reasoning behind this scale. Why not stay with tried and true 1/35. But after giving up on my Bronco British motorcycles, and clutzing through my tilly, I'm warming up to it.
James

PS love the graphite work on the barrel, I'll have to give it a try.

:mpup Guys!

Next up I apply some more pin washes. I use the neutral wash first, 2 times, let it sit over night, then the brown wash, then finally the shadow brown diluted with turpeniod. This was followed with the addition of some difuse streaks.

DSCN3159.JPG

DSCN3160.JPG

DSCN3158.JPG

Extremely nice job! Thanks for keeping us posted. Must ask though: Any afterthoughts on the Archer casting marks on the roadwheels? How'd it look after paint? Asking 'cause I'm considering ordering a set for my Afrika Korps version...

Thanks again for taking the time to post this build.

Nice work ... and a really impressive "know how" post.

Will you add some little random white nearly transparent spots over the grey surfaces?

Okay almost done. I will post up these 3 teasers, then come back and finish the SBS.

DSCN3193.JPG

DSCN3189.JPG

DSCN3200.JPG

you never stop to amaze me john! splendid!

now if only there would be appropriate 1/24 figures out in the market! (are there some out?)

Thanks! I sure would like a TC in a winter jump suit, but i'm not holding my breath!

Okay lets finish this beast! We need the lower hull down and dirty and I am going to use some more of MIG's products to get me there fast.

First up the lower hull in a chocolate brown base color:
DSCN3167.JPG

Application of a mix of the acrylic resin, water and pigments, then dry pigments fixed with, well, fixer!
DSCN3169.JPG

DSCN3168.JPG

Next, application of Wet Effects, then dry pigment on top.
DSCN3170.JPG

Then more Effects, and some select application of Dark Wash.
DSCN3171.JPG

DSCN3172.JPG

This was then followed by the tracks and we are as we say... Done

Back