• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F Completed.

Re:Tasca 1/24 Panzer II F

Up this time is some OVM finishing and cheeps round one. As you may or may not know this baby is getting a worn winter white wash using the Hair Spray Technique, thus I have to pretty much finish it as if it was a dunklegray, so it has a way to go still but here is some progress.

TL4-7a.jpg

TL4-7b.jpg

TL4-7c.jpg

aaaaaaah! lovely! very lovely!

and i like the fact that you paint the cable cutter handles in that "hull red" tone to represent the bakelit they were made of!

nicely done jack and the FE is beautiful as well, looks full scale!

Regards,

What do you mean it looks full scale, That's a reference picture, right?

Masterful work Master John.

Fantastic work!!! "GRAY RULES"

Terry B)

I was going nuts applying chips thus I decided to take a detour and work on the muffler a bit. It is all done with the Life Color dust and Rust set.

Dscn3089.jpg

Dscn3093.jpg

Dscn3091.jpg

Thanks all for the comments. I have made some more progress with the chips and finished off the OVM. Chips are done with a base of Vallejo 992 Neutral Grey, then 814 Burnt Cad. Red, then finally and mix of 950 Black and Life color UA 701 Dark Rust Shadow.

Dscn3094.jpg

Dscn3106.jpg

Dscn3108.jpg

Dscn3105.jpg

John, I think this is the most well balanced chip and scraping I have seen. Ofttimes chipping is so over done, people forget the life of these vehicles were measured in months.

Just superb work John , everything so far is so great , I love the exhaust with the heatspots , true realism . I just love this

Jenny :kiss:

Spare Links

So Sorry! This should make you happy then!

Here are how I finished the spare links:

Step 1: Variation in oxidation of the links
0.jpg

1.jpg

Step 2: Application of MIG Dark Wash to blend and even out the colors.
2.jpg

3.jpg

Step 3: Application of two dry brushings to highlight edges with brighter oxidation.
4.jpg

Dscn3122.jpg

Re: Spare Links

Totally Sweet! I really like the tonal variation showing various states of use. Way to go John. If it were mine I would have been happy at the first shot. :laugh:

Nice! .... may be a little "agressive" the grey color on those chipping ... but anyway, a really impressive finish. May be you will add some filters to reduce the contrast ... or not! :laugh:

You really killed me with the rust effects and the tracks are really becoming to life. :woohoo:

Back