• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

h098bb70.jpg

Parts T5, someone tell me what those are and what they should be painted? They almost look like canvas ammo bags or something.

I believe those are ammo bags for the MGs. They should be a leather brown I believe.

The weathering looks really good. Nice and grungy!

Great work Bob!

Yep, main gun ammo. I think they are a green canvas

I can't add the friends picture from my tablet. Look in www.tif.DE for Gurtsack.

10060.jpg

:popcorn ... :good: Let me get this straight ? You went to an airplane show to get help with a tank build :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks like good progress. I think though you need more cheeps and spilled fluids, and more dirt - lots more dirt.

James those canvas ammo bags look like a faded field grey to me! :geek

Thanks Doc, I want to get the upper hull built out some to see just how much can be seen form outside. Lot of these access panels are removed, just not sure how i'm going to display it yet.

but then again...thought it was dirty...:rotf

Just now getting to the point where all parts are in so a good layer of grime will be added. :soldier

Thanks Doc, I want to get the upper hull built out some to see just how much can be seen form outside. Lot of these access panels are removed, just not sure how i'm going to display it yet.

but then again...thought it was dirty...:rotf

Just now getting to the point where all parts are in so a good layer of grime will be added. :soldier

This is dirty:
cZhmFCL.jpg

There is very little rust in that photo - most of the red is chips down to red primer. Ardennes would be muddy as heck, and wet spots, and always oils and grease. At least add some scrapes and stuff. Take the red primer color, add some buff and apply in areas of high wear.

Looks good, glad you like the Lifecolor paints! I have a couple Italian jobs coming up if you want to unlaod those colors. :good:

Carved out a little time this afternoon.

Forgive me if I got the warhead colors wrong, not that worried about it honestly. Think some of the shells are suppose to be aluminum but maybe they got left behind at the depot.

ha12714c.jpg

hd58f607.jpg

:soldier

bTW, that's Alclad Brass and it didn't blow up on me! :yipee

Back