• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber Hobby Panther F

Thanks guys! Here's a photo I didn't get posted last weekend, I'm really just faking the interior, so not much detail in there.

hb09f107.JPG

I replaced all the turret loops with brass wire, I like to mark the centers with a punch and drill holes for the wire.

hae182b3.JPG

I make a small U bend in the wire and clip the U from the rest of the wire. Insert the legs into the holes and use a drill bit to gauge the size of the loop. Push the wire down to the bit and hit the backside with a dab of CA to keep everything in place.

h0c6aacf.JPG

I had seen a Panther with add on armor to shield against aircraft fire, thought that was really cool. Of course, I find that Dragon has issued a kit with both add on armor AND night vision, but where's the fun in that?? :laugh:

I made a template from junk mail card and then transferred that to .020 styrene sheet stock. I used a straight edge and the cupola to scribe the shape from the sheet.

h118979f.JPG

There's two spaced layers, so I added some styrene strips between the sheets and before you know it, we are no longer troubled by those pesky aircraft. :pilot

h773aaf0.JPG

hfa31fbe.JPG

hb41c8ea.JPG

Much more to come, I'm just getting warmed up! Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

he5e00ac.JPG

Plastic Surgeon Ray, makes his loops from mono-filament fishing line. "You'll never break them off."
1946 KT II in primer.

Truly stellar progress so far! :soldier :salute

he5e00ac_2019-04-01.JPG

Plastic Surgeon Ray, makes his loops from mono-filament fishing line. "You'll never break them off."
1946 KT II in primer.

Stellar progress so far!

Many thanks, Bob, Eric, Terry, Chris, Jeff, Rhino and Luiz! I know I can always count on you for feedback. :notworthy
This isn't much of an update, but even little bits are progress. :laugh: I got about an hour at the bench yesterday, cleaned all the road wheels. Herr Rommel requisitioned the steel wheels, they were installed just prior to deployment, hence the red oxide primer.

hc4ec4d5.JPG

h06a51a2.JPG

he06dad3.JPG

Primer is black Stynylrez, red oxide is AK Interactive.

h923ad02.JPG

I rubbed a soft lead pencil on the running surfaces for a polished, worn steel effect.

h4814613.JPG

ha375ccc.JPG

That's about all for this week, folks. I'm off to see the Southeast Gassers at Shadyside Dragway on the outskirts of beautiful Boiling Springs, NC next Saturday, so next weekend's report may be thin again.
As always, much more to come, thanks for coming by!

Yep...every little bit is progress!!
The wheels great and will be even better once you lay in some pin washes to help pull out all that detail.
:v

It may not have been much but it was magnificent all the same! Fantastic idea with the pencil on those wheels, I should try that on some of my future builds.

Great job on the wheels Mike!

Not many still use the pencil lead, but, it always worked and I still use it for a lot of things! It actually works great for chipping.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Many thanks, gentlemen! Did you feel the disturbance in the force last weekend? That was me, I finally retired my old Vista running HP machine for a new Windows 10 model. Consequently, I had to change photo editing software. This morning, I am making a test run with pictures from last weekend. Here goes nothin'!

h385af27.JPG

h7a759bf.JPG

Brass barrel from Armorscale.

hbccfc97.JPG

hf70be33.jpg

h95bcf38.JPG

Well, let's see if these post. :rotf Much more to come, thanks for coming by!

Back